Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am back! This time, I have a transmission issue, the Envoy in question has 180,xxx miles, the engine has been taken care of thoroughly by me since I got the vehicle, I mean EVERYTHING. A tune-up, gaskets, synthetic oil changes, water pump, radiator fan, serpentine belt, thermostat and many other small things. The issue now is, it hesitates when in drive, and stops (not shut down or stutter) when in reverse. I checked the fluid, it's reddish in color, and it's not low. Where do I go from here?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
2002 Envoy SLT
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys?! Not a single reply?

·
Registered
2005 gmc trailblazer_ls
144 Posts
Do you mean everything is working fine except in reverse? You mention at the fluid is reddish. When it was changed? If recently what was the condition of old fluid? It might be a time the transmission needs to be rebuilt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
Your: " it hesitates when in drive, and stops (not shut down or stutter) when in reverse"

This might be indicative of a Forward Clutch Piston that is cracked or cocked or your Forward Clutches might be metal-to-metal.

The hesitation in Drive may be from dumping apply oil that should be applying the Forward Clutches, but instead either it....
1. has leaked out of the reservoir behind the piston and been replaced with air .... which require time to refill (your "hesitation in drive") ...
2. the apply fluid is cross leaking from a blown circuit gasket, cracked support, a jacked servo, accumulator spring/piston, etc.
3. it MAY also be from low boost pressure from the front pump. (NOTE - this pressure should be your FIRST TEST!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts