Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Once in awhile i go to start the envoy, it cranks, starts but its like its struggling to turn over and dies. after a few tries it turns and i have to give it some gas to get it to operating rpm. it has 170 000 kms on it.

i have changed to spark plugs (oem iridium) 2 months ago
changed the fuel filter (oem) last week
changed the ignition switch (oem) few days ago

ever since i have changed the ignition switch it doesnt take long to start nemore but still every once in awhile it wont start, and i have to go thru the same process as stated above

should i check for spark when it acts up? if so how do i check for spark?

should i suspect the fuel pressure regulator?

thx in advance for ur help

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Did you clean the throttle body? How old is the battery? These trucks are funny, they need a clean TB and a good battery to make the computer happy. Good Luck . If this is not the problem don't fret as someone more knowledgeable than me will surely be on to help you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i haven't thought to check the TB. I'm not sure how old the battery is. the truck was bought used. thanks for the reply. I'll have to take a look at those when i get the chance

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
no i haven't thought to check the TB. I'm not sure how old the battery is. the truck was bought used. thanks for the reply. I'll have to take a look at those when i get the chance
There are some threads with instructions on this and it's really quite simple to do, if you are a little mechanically inclined. Good luck:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.