Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the internet that cars before and from 2003,2004,2005 have analog onstar and if so they need to be upgraded. I was wondering can this be done on a 2002 Bravada and if so how would it cost ? Also would it be worth it ?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
284 Posts
Before the cutover, OnStar was offering an upgrade at a very much reduced cost if you prepaid for one year of service. Im pretty sure it included '02 models, but you would have to check with your dealer to be sure and to see if OnStar will still offer the subsidized upgrade.

For us, I think the upgrade cost $225, which included the one year of prepaid service.

Of course, you can call OnStar as well and possibly get the same (maybe more accurate?) info.

Is it worth it? Well, we use the service, so we think so. But keep in mind that the one year of prepaid service for the offer was non-transferable so you could not apply it to a new car's service if you got rid of it within that year.

.... and as mentioned, this all depends if OnStar will still do the offer.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
i Think $225 sounds about right. The upgrade usually costs $15 + one year of service. I use it many times for navigation. Its well worth it for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts