Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2002 Envoy SLT with a Bose, Single-Disc, RDS radio. There is no band or AUX button. I’ve attached a photo of the head unit for reference.

I really want to use my iPhone 5s with the radio and speakers in my Envoy. At a bare minimum, I want to be able to play audio from my iPhone through the speakers. Ideally, I’d like to be able to use Siri hands free. Under no circumstances do I want to use a wireless FM modulator or a cassette tape adapter.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? Can I upgrade or replace the head unit shown in the attached photograph such that I have some compatibility with my iPhone? Has anyone had any luck with iSimple products and this model of radio? Has anyone upgraded the radio to a more recent GM OEM radio or navigation unit?

I’ve seen different threads discussing radios in 2002 Trailvoys. Some threads call them “bastard radios” since they don’t work with anything else and are not upgradable.

I look forward to your thoughts and apologize if I missed the definitive guide to this issue in another thread. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
I bought the I Simple transit usb at best buy. The package included free installation. The 'tech' mounted the control unit in center storage bay. 1/2 hour to install and 15.00 adapter ( not included in I Simple pkg ). iPod works great, 'tech' tested unit with his iPhone.:tiphat

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought the I Simple transit usb at best buy. The package included free installation. The 'tech' mounted the control unit in center storage bay. 1/2 hour to install and 15.00 adapter ( not included in I Simple pkg ). iPod works great, 'tech' tested unit with his iPhone.:tiphat
Dear Sir: Thank you for your response. Can you confirm that you have the exact same 2002 radio that I have (shown in the photo)? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
4 Posts
I have the non Bose unit (single cd & cassette). Best Buy informed me that the connections were the same. This set up should work just fine for you. :thumbsup:

Check with sales staff, they cross-reference installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts