Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone that can repair or has a resistor:cry::cry: from a parted out Trailblazer , blower resistor module 52494707 or Delco 15-80186. It's discontinued and a dealer search turned up nothing! Fits only 2002 unfortunately. There is no updated part. The junk yard said they could possibly match it up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is an 2002 with AUTO control not manual. 3 wire input and 2 wire going to the blower.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you ever ordered from them? I put it in the shopping cart but cant check out. Possibly because they don't actually have it?????

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali_xl
5 Posts
I have not. I just ran it through real quick. Ran it through my dealer search, just like you said nobody has. Ran it through the gm engineering side" valid number, no longer available blah blah blah"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm wondering if switching to the manual control and matching resistor will work? Or will the BMC say no way. Is there some sort of junkyard part finder?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,567 Posts
Switching from the Auto system to the manual is a huge undertaking. The wiring harness is completely different.

The Blower Motor Control Module usually fails because the power FET has failed. Try doing a search for that, I think a past member outlined the repair.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
2002 HVAC Control Mod

Have been online with 3 different GM Parts Direct Center and all list Discontinue.
Finally P H GM Parts House with GM Part Number 524 947 07 for $139.82 plus USPS shipping. Mon-Fri Central-Std-Time 610-850-5633. Am waiting for that part myself.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
Hi, I have the same problem and the part is discontinued and not available in the all country... I thought I will have no choice to send my Envoy 2002 in scrap... If anybody could help it will be appreciated.

Mario

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Mine is an 2002 with AUTO control not manual. 3 wire input and 2 wire going to the blower.
I have a similar situation, 2002 TB EXT LT (CJ2), automatic control with the 3-wire input and 2-wire to the blower. GM item #52494707 and AC Delco # 15-80186 are discontinued and no aftermarket application works, not Dorman, not anyone. Did you ever get a resolution or fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
956 Posts
I'm not sure but it does appear that ACDelco and 4 Seasons both have the part(s) you are looking for. ACDelco P/N 1572813 or 4 Seasons P/N 20630. Both available from rockauto.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thx. But the description of the item says one thing and I'm concerned the numbers don't match, I'm in need of a specific resistor. This pic is for the rear resistor on an EXT. The dealership said the front resistor, GM part # is 52494707 and AC Delco # is 15-80186, and they're discontinued, with no aftermarket applications. Will keep looking...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, Rockauto.com was literally useless for me! All their information/customer service is online and didn't provide confirmation of the part numbers and provide an accurate description of the items. If anyone can help finding GM part # 52494707 and AC Delco # 15-80186 for a Trailblazer EXT (Front - Dual Zone Climate Control with Auto/ Controls (individuals can set specific numeric temperature - CJ2); AUX HTR, I would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT! Thanks

·
Registered
956 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts