Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you are running 18" wheels with offroad tires? I am looking to get some All Terrains approx. 32" so I wanted to see if anyone has this set up. Plannin on MarkMC lift front/z71 rear.

I would run smaller wheels but this is what my TB came with stock so I'm trying to make do. I really like the H3 wheels GMLee and Chewy have but I don't want to spend all that extra money on new wheels and spacers, unless I can get a great deal like them.

So I figure running the stockers will be my cheapest alternative. Even tho the tires are a bit more. But if I go with 265/65/18 do you think I'll need spacers?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh and so you guys know my mission: I want to do this for work, I work in a quarry and have to use my TB because of the car program I'm on so I figure I might as well stuff so bigger tires under there. But I would def like to do some trails with my buddy whos got a jeep, even tho I prob wont be able to do half the **** he does with his 37's. haha. But I do alot of highway/city driving too so thats why I want AT's.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
It's not optimum, but I understand your reasons. That size is 31.6" diameter, nominally, but depending on what the manufacturer does, it may be a bit larger or smaller. It's been posted a LOT that 30.5" is the max you should aim for without wheel spacers.

And in general, 265 wide tires in that diameter are specified for 7.5-9.5" wide rims, and our OEM 16 and 17" rims are only 7" wide. I don't know about the 18's, but you should check.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
343 Posts
If you're patient you can find a great deal on the wheels. I got my set for $100 from a guy that had them in his shed and just wanted to get rid of them. Hardtrailz400 found a set last week locally he picked up for $100-125. I got my set of wheel adapters from motorsport-tech.com for $280 shipped. So for roughly $400, plus Mark's front kit and Z71 springs, you have a set up that can fit a 285/75/16 (32.8" diameter) tire with minor cutting.

As for your buddy's Jeep, just ask Roadie, good off-road vision and skills can make up for lack of gear. He has been places the Jeeps wouldn't or couldn't go.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks guys, i guess ill try to be patient. Chewy, any clue on to how much shipping would be? I suppose I could always sell the stocker to get back some of the money spent too..

I was also maybe thinking about picking up a set off of ebay (h3 wheels) with tires because there are a bunch of sets on there for not too much. But I just don't want a wimpy lookin tire..most of them come with goodyear wrangler or bf goodrich rugged trail..but i guess they would get the job done and then i could always save for new tires.

But anyway heres some pics of my buddies jeep. Trailvoys aren't doin this for sure..haha

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
And in general, 265 wide tires in that diameter are specified for 7.5-9.5" wide rims, and our OEM 16 and 17" rims are only 7" wide. I don't know about the 18's, but you should check.
Pretty sure all the stock 18" wheels for our vehicles are 18x8. I found a site at one time that listed them; I'll try to dig that up again and link it. :bonk:

Edit: Ahh, here we go.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You say WHAT? 50 degrees slope isn't enough for ya?

ok ok, i stand corrected. that is pretty sweet.:hail: and i know you and some of the other offroad guys have definately put the TV thru the test. I mean I'm not even saying I will be doing half the stuff you are. Just want a decent tire that I can take offroad time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts