Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i went down to discount tire this morning to have my new wheels and tires put on. I purchased the 16x8 MB Rockers like 2005tblaze and 265/75/16 Goodyear TD's. They mounted them on my TB ext 4wd and the were hitting my calipers. HURT ME! the car would not roll. I was bummed!!!:no:http://forums.trailvoy.com/images/smilies/no.gif
I had been waiting for this day for sometime now. sucks!

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
you need 17's minimum to clear the front Calipers on the long wheel-based versions of the Trailvoy

reason being is that the rotors are almost an inch bigger in diameter in the front than the short wheel-based versions

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
you need 17's minimum to clear the front Calipers on the long wheel-based versions of the Trailvoy

reason being is that the rotors are almost an inch bigger in diameter in the front than the short wheel-based versions
Yup, you sure do.......16s also don't fit the SS guys either for the same reason, the rotors are an inch bigger and will not fit.

Now, there is a way to make them fit, but I would not recommend it. You can use the SWB caliper brackets and smaller SWB rotors, which would allow 16s to fit, BUT you reduce the braking capacity a bit......with the extra weight, I wouldn't do it, but it would allow them to fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts