Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will stock Colorado 15 inch wheels fit our trucks with the proper adapters?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
depends on the lug pattern. we take 6x5, and im not sure what size those are.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the adapters for the pattern but i need to know if 15 inch wheels will fit over the brakes.

·
Registered
713 Posts
definitely not to be a smart a$$, but i think the best way to see would be to take one off and try the fit. or maybe take a tape measure out and try the clearances from the caliper housing to the inside of your existing rim and see what kind of room would be required...

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would, but it is raining and I do not have a colorado wheel, but found some online for a good price with tires I like. Hate to negotiate on the rims if they wont work.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Go examine your current rims, and the associated clearance to the caliper. Assuming you have 17" rims, if you have over 1.25" of clearance to the caliper, you'll most likely clear the 15" wheel. I believe only one other person has tried 15" wheels, and he was successful.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
If it does, it will be VERY close, however I doubt it will fit. The 16 inch wheel doesn't fit the .8 inch larger EXT/XL/SS rotor and caliper assembly. The Colorado front disc is only 11 inches (Ours is 12 in the SWB non-SS models), which is why they can use a 15 inch wheel. If it does manage to 'just fit', the clearance will be so tight that there will be no circulation to remove heat and you risk heating the tire bead or heating up the brakes to the point of fading.....I'm not sure I would risk it. You have to question GM's thinking on using the smaller brakes on those trucks, a loaded pickup will be heavier than our SUVs and our brakes while good are not overly big or powerful for the size of the truck.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I agree with ylab, you could do it but honestly get a different set of 16s if you want a different rim that badly. Or do some 17s, little bigger rim but ride quality is the same as stock.

And on my 02 SWB I6 there is very very little clearance between my rim and the bolt down there, its probably too small for me to stick my pinky finger in.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess I will just get one and try it.

I understand the heat issue, but i have stock 17's and chrome 16x8 6x5.5 w adapters, but i wanted an extra non-chrome set and these have some nice aggressive tires for under 200, so i thought if thet would work with my 1.3 in adapters, they would be worth having.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i tried before i put my wheels on and i had no luck! i had the adapters as well to run 6x5.5 but when i went to run 15's i couldnt clear the caliper top and just caught the lower ball joint bolt! but good luck and if it works out let us know

1 - 10 of 10 Posts