Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:so i have 137 k on my 04 trailblazer... I have a very very small amount of pay right dead center in the steering ... and also when i hit a big bump on free way or something a pot hole seems like it jumps a little or maybe like jerks the wheel. Does anyone have any advice as to what i can to tighten her back up>>>? thanks

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
How did you ever find a pothole in Wisconsin this time of year? :crazy: :D Do you have much wander, noise or bad wear of front tires of the TB? Bad tie rod ends can also cause the front to jump.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no she drives straight as a arrow.And the tires are wearing great.i was just wondering maybe if that could be struts cause they are not reacting fast enough when i hit a pot hole.I just put on 650 miles drove up to River falls wisconsin yesterday.I hit a ice storm on the way back scaryest ride of my life.Saw 45 cars flipped over just in the east bound lane.:worried:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
You will need someone to assist. Get under the truck while they move the steering wheel side to side. You will see the loose steering components as they will flex before the wheels actually move.

Then post a pic of what is flexing and we can help you out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not so worried about the maybe half inch of dead spot in the wheel.I little more worried about why it jerks over pot holes and stuff.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
Being no unusual wear and tracking straight I would almost rule out steering components and say struts need to be replaced. It doesn't hurt to check the steering components as well due to your mileage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there a certin manuf that you guys would recomend to sta as close to stock ride???????In struts that is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts