Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am working on installing 4 of the led strip lights under the dash and front two seats so the floor board in the front and rear will be illuminated. I was looking for some ideas on what would be the best way to install these lights? one option i have looked at are connecting all wires to 12v plugs and getting one big 4 outlet splitter and just plugging it into the front cig outlet. figured this would be the easiest way. any thoughts or suggestions? pics would be very helpful. if you have any. or any ideas on how to connect up the 4 strips in the easiest manner. thanks!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
389 Posts
Are you looking to have them come on with the dome lights or at your command (i.e. just plugging in, or a switch)?

You could use the 12v socket but keep in mind that these are ALWAYS powered (even with the vehicle off) so you'll either be plugging/unplugging them or incorporating a switch. If you do choose that route, why not just wire all of them to a single socket instead of using a splitter?

The "easiest" way all depends on what you're expectations aree for the end result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts