Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just switched from a 2006 gmc envoy to a 2006 chevy trailblazer ext. the envoy delivered power throught the trailer harness to run the 3 way fridge in my camper on 12 volt while driving. the trailblazer is not doing this. they are the same vehicle so i am confused. is there a connection that has to made somewhere that i dont know about? i am leaving for a camping trip this friday and need to fix this. so i will be gratefull to anyone that can help me out. it has a 7 pin round connector, six flat around the outside and a round one in the middle. the lights and turn signals work, by the way. thanx to anyone that can help me.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
i just switched from a 2006 gmc envoy to a 2006 chevy trailblazer ext. the envoy delivered power throught the trailer harness to run the 3 way fridge in my camper on 12 volt while driving. the trailblazer is not doing this. they are the same vehicle so i am confused. is there a connection that has to made somewhere that i dont know about? i am leaving for a camping trip this friday and need to fix this. so i will be gratefull to anyone that can help me out. it has a 7 pin round connector, six flat around the outside and a round one in the middle. the lights and turn signals work, by the way. thanx to anyone that can help me.
I believe there is a wire near the fuse box, in the engine compartment. It leaves the factory disconnected -- and it is left up to the owner to connect it. This wire is what provides 12V constant power to the trailer connector. There is a stud at the front of the fuse box that you may screw it onto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
12 volt

i found that the red connector was not attached at the underhood fuse block. after attaching still had no power to the camper. please help.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Just checking, you connected the red wire under the hood to the post on the front of the fuse block right?

Did you check the voltage at the plug? The constant 12v is pin #4 in the trailer connector. If you're getting power at the plug, the problem lies in your trailer wiring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i got it, i am embarrassed to say it was the connector on the tounge of the trailer. checked with a volt meter and had power all the way through the the harness . so it had to be the connection at the camper itself. looked in and didnt appear to be corroded, but it it 3 years old. so i scraped them with a small screwdriver, its all i could get in that connector. plugged it back in, gave it a little extra muscle also and the lights came on in the camper. so problem solved. thanx to all who gave me assistance. im glad i didnt have to take it in anywhere and look stupid when they said it was jus a bad connection.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That envoystuff web site is defunct. Too bad.

Anyway, the "red wire" ring lug has been discussed in many other threads here. Here's a picture of where to hook it up. The nut or wingnut you need is an M6 size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts