Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

12.4 @ 106 mph

16K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  initechpeter 
#1 ·
#9 ·
Now that's impressive! :thumbsup: :eek: What was your 60' with that stall, and 1/8 mile time? For comparison, I ran 12.41 @ 109.25 with a blown LS2 AWD and some supporting mods, so you're doing something right(probably everything)! Nice job. :tiphat

#12 ·
Wow, very nice. I always find it strange that folks would dump so much in 'performance' mods on vehicles such as ours and they still get their doors blown off by a stock f-body. However, you have done your homework. I would love to take that out 'hunting' on a summer weekend. Great sleeper!

#14 ·
thanks! you're right, its running great for what it has. I do all the work myself too. Before this Envoy, I had another 30th trans am and it also ran very quick for what it had. 7.4's in the 1/8th mi. just full rear suspension, intake, tune, full exhaust, th400 w/3,800 stall, 3.23 gears, nitto drag radials, and a 100 shot dry (full weight). Even on motor it ran well.

#16 · (Edited)
Yup, I have the full set. Got them brand new in box for $400. Im saving up some money to get them widened 2" in the rear and then to get them chrome plated. the Saab center caps cost me around $75 for all 4 and $50 for a custom set of center cap overlay decals.

#19 ·
4,800 lbs
3.42's
4l60e
3,500 stall
sounds pretty normal to me
i campared the times to the TB SS's on tbssowners and they have similar times.

#20 ·
Was your run NA or on the juice? I thought your time was pretty much on par since I ran a best of 12.88 at 106 with just a tune and exhaust in my SRT8. You had nice 60' times as well. Do you launch in 2WD and if so---how much wheelspin?

thanks
-J

#22 ·
That trap seems really low to me for some reason. My Grand Prix traps at over 108MPH and I'm only running 13.0 with a giant 2.1 60ft. I would think that at 12.4 you would be trapping at 109 / 110MPH. GREAT run regardless. That's smokin' fast.

#29 ·
Just wondering, next time out at the track (same mods still) should I pull my front sway bar off? It already hooks really good, especially with the new tires but just wondering if I will really gain anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.