Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96k on the clock, Just threw on 4 new Firestone Destination A/T's, Billstein HD's and an oil chainge/air filter replacement. Time to think about the 100k change. I've had the vehicle since 55k, (Bought with minimal service history :worried:) and i've only done oil changes on a regular, rotors and pads all around about 10k ago, and a fuel filter around the same time. Besides whats listed below, anything else i should consider? Also and reccomendations on oil's/spark plugs/etc..

Oil/Filter change (Penzoil high milage, Purolator fitler)
Spark plug replacment (Preferably IR, reccomendations.?)
Coolant system FLUSH (?? GM stuff is usually pretty expensive)
Front/Rear Diff. drain/fill
Tranny flush/fill/filter replacement
Will also replace front pass CV shaft (boot tore apart about 5k ago, and never fixed it :worried:)

Also, was wondering if anyone could check for open recalls on my vin..

1GNDT13S322499371

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
replace
brake fluid-
battery
serpentine belt.

thermostat- has that been changed?
if not- then you may consider changing it and doing the dexcool flush at the same time.
the replacement stuff is cheaply found at Walmart- like this bottle that I bought there... its premixed.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thx for the replies. Battery was done within the last 2 years, and i checked the belt last oil change, and it seems to be holding up great. As far as the recalls go, i am familiar with that website, i just remember somebody being able to look up a vin and see what recalls have and have not been performed on that vehcile. This is somthing i should have checkd 4 years ago when i bought it, but never really crossed my mind because i never had any problems with it aside from normal maint.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
1-800-630-2438 is the Chevrolet number. Then just tell them the last 8 of the VIN. Also, when recalls are performed on a vehicle, the dealer will install a sticker with campaign number and dealer number. Check under the hood or in the driver door.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I'd take a look at the front-end parts, ball-joints, sway-bar end-links are probably worn out.
And, check the play in the u-joints and in the cv-joints.
And, of course, check for any seal leaks in those areas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts