Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 6 new spark plugs to put in my 2007 inline 6 trailblazer. I asked for OEM, or at least something that would not affect the engines longevity. They ordered the Bosch Iridiums for me, saying that they were GM recommended OEM replacements. Then I do the research afterwards, and find out people say the Bosch Iridiums are crap. Oh well, guess I'll do my research first next time. So, my question is, will the Bosch Iridiums hurt or damage my 4.2 I6 engine? :duh:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
30 Posts
GM's spark plug supplier is NGK, not Bosch.

Link.

I've got Autolite Double Platinums in mine. Used it in multiple vehicles over the years and have been very happy with them. They've been doing great on my 4.2. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
767 Posts
Stick with ac delco plugs!

Changed the plugs in my 4.2 to what the "expert" at autozone said was "recommended"...they were shot after 5,000 miles, looked as bad as the plugs i replaced, even threw a CEL. They were autolite plugs (dont remember which one though). So i swapped in new ac delco plugs, problem solved.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
27 Posts
Do we have to do some "learning" process on the engine?

I have an 02 Voy XL SLT 4.2 I6 - I mean, after replacing them plugs do we still have to do some "learning" process with regards to the Air Intake sensor and or throttle body positioning sensor? I still have to do this process (yet to be done) after I replaced the spark plugs on my 05 Xterra.
The reason I asked this, is I am going to do a replacement of my Voy's plugs (AC Delco 41-103) - I bought. I followed the recommendations of the many others here and went with them AC Delcos.
I also have a K&N E-1009 coming in the mail for some good breath for my Voy. (not relevant, tho)...

Thanks for replying:)

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Megabot - While you have your intake plumbing apart to change the plugs and install the K&N, you should take the time to clean your throttle body. While this is being done, it is general practice to disconnect the battery (or pull the PCM fuses) to reset the PCM and have it relearn.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
27 Posts
Thanks! freddyboy61:)

Megabot - While you have your intake plumbing apart to change the plugs and install the K&N, you should take the time to clean your throttle body. While this is being done, it is general practice to disconnect the battery (or pull the PCM fuses) to reset the PCM and have it relearn.
Yeah! I forgot to mention the cleaning part of the Throttle Body in my msg... I did not read about the PCM fuse (perhaps overlooked it) - but, where is it located (if my asking is not too much of being spoon-fed:p) and is it a drive-by-wire kind of learning?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
192 Posts
Hundred-thousand mile spark plug replacement?

I pulled the plugs out of my 6-popper TB at about 90,000 miles. Even though I had already purchased the replacement plugs, the originals that I had just removed looked SO PERFECT that I gave 'em a fresh coating of anti-seize, and screwed 'em right back in. The new plugs are still sitting on a shelf in the garage.

Currently have 127,000 miles. Runs like a top. I have no plans to check the plugs again until AT LEAST 150,000 miles.

Yes, I do recommend pulling the plugs at/before 100,000 miles for inspection and fresh anti-seize. No point in actually replacing them if they don't need it, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts