Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, last night I took the SS out to the drag strip and got some times I want to share to see if it's about what everyone else gets. Just to let ya know some specifics about the runs... I have a 2wd '07 SS...ran with the Traction control/stabilitrac turned off (hooked pretty well with stock tires after a good burn out) and launched at about 1500-2000 rpms...about 65 degrees out and low humidity

1st run
0.7828 r/t (this is what I need work on haha)
2.1393 60 ft.
6.0893 330 ft.
8.1831 [email protected]
8.7932 [email protected] 1/8th
73.75 [email protected] 1/8th

2nd run
0.6570 r/t
2.1418 60 ft.
6.1030 330 ft.
8.1918 [email protected]
8.7999 ET @ 1/8th
74.00 [email protected] 1/8th

The only mods I have at this point are a drop-in after market CAI filter and glasspack exhaust (repalced stock muffler with the glasspack and deleted the resonator). Just wanted to see if these numbers are reasonable with what everyone else is getting..thanks

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
at a local track a TBSS and a jeep cherokee srt8 ligned up about 5 times and everytime the jeep ran 8.6's and the SS ran 8.8s. now these times were taken on a day with less than desirable temperatures. low 80s mid 90. With the temp. you had I'd say you should run a little better than you did but not much, those are respectable times. Improve the reaction time and get a real good tune and you'll shave some off. Idk how you got yours to hook though mine wants to drift down the track. Where did you run at?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
ive been to the track several time but only raced once.

got a 10.727 1/8
and a 16.605 1/4

no mods, first time. i was happy, won agains a coworkers GTP by .1 seconds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at a local track a TBSS and a jeep cherokee srt8 ligned up about 5 times and everytime the jeep ran 8.6's and the SS ran 8.8s. now these times were taken on a day with less than desirable temperatures. low 80s mid 90. With the temp. you had I'd say you should run a little better than you did but not much, those are respectable times. Improve the reaction time and get a real good tune and you'll shave some off. Idk how you got yours to hook though mine wants to drift down the track. Where did you run at?

Yeah that second run was the 2nd time EVER I've raced at a strip..my first race down a strip was about 2 years ago in my SS on a 1/4 strip @ 14.3 completely stock..so saying that..my R/T will improve over time..just gotta get use to timing the launching of it lol...and yeah it hooked awesome with my stock tires but since they are gettin really worn (and I'm getting a new set soon anyways) I gave it really long burn outs which DEFINITLY helped..and the track I go to is in Mobile, AL

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
yeah your reaction times will get better as you go along and then some days they will be awesome and some days you'll get pissed how horrible they are, and the same goes for the car. sometimes all mine wants to do is burnout like crazy and sometimes she wont at all and she hooks right away. a good hook with a good R/T and you might have your self aan 8.79... but without any mods thats the best you can shoot for. the reason i asked where is i go to an 1/8 mile in north florida and live in bama right now and im about 2.5 hours away from you. and the other guy that poster i didnt read what your car was and i was about to say man something is WRONG wwith your car, but then I saw you had an I6 TB. Those were pretty good times for a regular TB.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah..I figure right now would be the best time to see how my SS runs since the summer heat/humidity down here will kill the times for sure...thinking bout getting a 160 thermastat though so it might help out a little better when those heat waves get here...but yeah...kinda sucks theres no 1/4 mile tracks around here...the closest one too me is in Gulfport, MS I think which is like 1.5 hours away ...theres like 3 1/8 mile trakcs here...Mobile, Atmore, Pensacola...when I was in the Army stationed up at Ft. Bragg, NC there were 1/4 mile tracks everywhere but I guess its because thats nascar country up there lol

·
Registered
2008 chevy
422 Posts
what is really amazing about 1/8 mile is a car that is a little faster than you will anihilate you in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah definitly....well for the most part..because SOME cars..mostly the NHRA dragsters that run 1/8ths have gears set up specifically for 1/8th miles..so if they ran 1/4's it wouldn't really benefit them any for having more track to pull ahead on

·
Registered
12 Posts
1/8th

At Emerald Coast my best time is 8.72 at about 82 mph. 60 ft time is 1.95. That is with an IEATSRT8 intake and magnaflow exhaust. Fromt tires at 38psi and rears at 25.....with traction control ON and Stab ON.

Rick

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
33 Posts
yeah your reaction times will get better as you go along and then some days they will be awesome and some days you'll get pissed how horrible they are, and the same goes for the car. sometimes all mine wants to do is burnout like crazy and sometimes she wont at all and she hooks right away. a good hook with a good R/T and you might have your self aan 8.79... but without any mods thats the best you can shoot for. the reason i asked where is i go to an 1/8 mile in north florida and live in bama right now and im about 2.5 hours away from you. and the other guy that poster i didnt read what your car was and i was about to say man something is WRONG wwith your car, but then I saw you had an I6 TB. Those were pretty good times for a regular TB.
Reaction time has no effect on et.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts