Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:
First of all, I'm not a huge 1/4 mile fan because unless you go to a track, it's pretty tough to do this. Fortunatley for us, the TBSS gets it going fast enough that if you're caught doing the 1/4 mile anywhere but on the track, you're in lots of trouble. So, for a more mundane person like me, I rely on the 0-60mph as another gauge of SOTP fun.

I've seen a number of posts that talk about 0-60mph times for the TBSS and all of them seem to be based on using some type of calculator. One guy claimed a 4.63 0 to 60mph based on 1/8 mile speed and times. For comparison sake, I was doing a search on my old car, Jaguar XJR, trying to see how it compared to the TBSS. Well, I stumbled upon a couple articles by Popular Mechanics and I was quite surprised by their statistics on various cars:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1269976.html?page=4&c=y

and even better, one that focuses on 12 second 1/4 miles cars.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/1270786.html

Here's the numbers on a MB E55 -- the 469hp one
Acceleration: 0-30 mph: 2.38 sec., 0-60 mph: 5.06 sec., 1/4-mile: 12.89 sec. @ 115.81 mph

Also for comparison, here's the Z06 they tested -- the 5.7-liter 405-hp V8 and 400 ft.-lb. of torque version: Acceleration: 0-30 mph: 2.09 sec., 0-60 mph: 4.58 sec., 1/4-mile: 12.53 sec. @ 115.38 mph

Now, even if the TBSS has good traction off the line, I don't think anybody that has done just a CAI and tune, and for that matter, headers and even cam, can come close to those numbers. I'm just guessing that we're not even breaking 5 seconds for 0-60mph.

Now, I'm also assuming that the test conditions were probably sub-optimal, but now I'm guessing that a TBSS even with CAI and tune does 5.2 - 5.5 0 to 60mph.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
515 Posts
The stats on the TBSS from GM states it does 0 - 60 in 5.7 secs 2wd stock....I'm missing something in the post...I can see a 5.5....5.4....with a few mods with the 2wd version.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2 Posts
Buy yourself a g-tech meter. They measure 60 ft and all the times your looking for. They are accurate to within 1-2 tenths.

I beleive a higher stall converter, and tune and you would be low 5 second range 0-60 mph which is awesome for a 4500lb+ suv when campared to those cars. These heavy trailblazers hook up pretty well.

Those cars have trap speeds in excess of 115mph which shows they have a much higher power to weight ratio but are not able to get it all to ground on the launch and spinning the tires.
I use to have a light weight car on drag radials run 12.58 at only 103mph which shows it was using all the power on take off and not spinning.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
Actually 1BADSS it was me. If I take this timeslip:

And put it into this 0-60 Estimator:

The result is 4.63. That run was made with only Vector Tune and CAI.

Now I'm not sure about the algorithum used. It calculates 5.0 for my stock 1/4 mile timeslip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts