Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to nab an '09 trailblazer and came across this site looking for info, anyone have any ideas/predictions on what chevy's president's day sale will shape up like? also, i know that the ext models are no more (which is fine, don't want or need it) but has the 5.3 v8 been cut as well?

the 08's are all but gone (trust me i looked everywhere, a lotta 2wd in florida and the sw, very very few ugly two tones or out of my range ss in the midwest) so it should be interesting to see what happens with the financing side. obviously the traverse will be pushed hard, gotta wonder what the trailblazer package will look like with loyalty, financing, gm card, etc.

also, if anyone has any good links to other sites for a newb on gm financing, number of tb's sold so far, number on hand, etc i would love to check them out. until then i'll keep playing with google, great resource here though.

thanks

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
Welcome to the group. If you could fill out your user cp then we can steer you in the right direction to find a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cp as in control panel...thought i had all the needed info covered? i don't own a tb yet so nothing to put there, i guess i bent the rules by putting my boat on there. nothing personal to you or anyone else here, i just never have been one to put all my info out on the internet. a lot like that ups commercial a while back.

it's not that i'm not a trusting person....well, yes it is.

does any of that help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
What are you looking for? Standard Trailblazer, Trailblazer SS, 2WD, AWD and most importantly, price.

Part of the reason I was asking, is I have a White 2008 TBSS, loaded 3SS, AWD garage kept with about 3500 miles that I was considering selling.

It's an awesome vehicle, especially with the SS engine and AWD, but I have 3 cars and we usually one drive one of them at a time as we car pool to work.

Other than that, if your looking for something else, let us know and we can help you find something.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking for a new or used with >25,000 miles (problably 07-09). I've been steering away from the SS just because it's overkill for my needs and usually out of my budget, especially the 3SS, sorry. I live in the country, gravel roads, mud roads, snow, trailering, occasional people hauling, etc....we've always had trucks and suv's in the fam and will always need them. love the Z71 threads/projects around here, count me among the many that would have loved to see the TB Z71 concept go in to production, makes more sense for me than an SS ever would.

So to answer your question, definitely 4wd and I'd love to find a 5.3 but using autofinder and chevy's vehicle locator the V8 option always brings up SS. I don't expect anyone to do the work for me here, I guess am posting to ask what the availability is, what others' experience is or has been. I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that finding a 5.3 shorter body TB really is a 'needle in the haystack' situation.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
8 Posts
Looking for a new or used with >25,000 miles (problably 07-09).
So to answer your question, definitely 4wd and I'd love to find a 5.3 but using autofinder and chevy's vehicle locator the V8 option always brings up SS. I don't expect anyone to do the work for me here, I guess am posting to ask what the availability is, what others' experience is or has been. I just wanted to confirm my suspicion that finding a 5.3 shorter body TB really is a 'needle in the haystack' situation.
Like you I am new to this forum, so new that this is my first post. I just bought my Envoy Denali yesterday, after reading more about them here for the last few weeks, from the Chevrolet dealership which employs me to fix their computers..

According to our website only 1 of the 13 TrailBlazers we have has the 5.3. If you are willing to go with an Envoy instead 5 of the 17 have the 5.3, one of which has 24,670 miles. I am not sure if our website is an accurate representation of the proportion of 5.3 TrailBlazers but if it is it looks like it might be easier to find a 5.3 Envoy.

Since I am not a salesman, you did not list a price range, and the site rules discourage selling directly I will not post our website at this time in order to try and stay within the guidelines. I will give you more information about our inventory or give you the contact information of a salesman if you would like.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks but i'm not here to specifically find a vehicle, i have a good relationship with a local dealer and a computer to search on my own. just looking for some other heads to bounce ideas across and survey the scene a bit more.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
8 Posts
thanks but i'm not here to specifically find a vehicle, i have a good relationship with a local dealer and a computer to search on my own. just looking for some other heads to bounce ideas across and survey the scene a bit more.
Have you talked with your dealer about what you are looking for, so that they can check all of the places they acquire cars ( some places only sell to dealers )? Part of the Presidents Day Sale is up to $4000 for lease turn ins, If your dealer buys lease returns the supply might be higher than normal if gm is giving them a chance to get out early.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I bought my 05 TB LT last December I looked at several 5.3s, and if I remember correctly that motor only came in the ext models?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts