Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Traded in my Mazda 6 for a 08 Trailblazer due to my recent move to Colorado Springs from San Antonio. I like the vehicle alot, even though on day 3 of ownership I'm taking it to the stealership for a whining noise when it is in gear and accelerating, also a burning rubber smell. No big deal, I like the vehicle alot more than my 03 Blazer. Other than that I'm just stopping by to say hi.
:tiphat

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
glad t0 hear about the trade :thumbsup:

welcome :tiphat

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Welcome to the site!! The whining might be the idler pulley.......mine's been replaced and has been good ever since!! not too sure about the burning smell.....good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The burnt rubber smell went away and the whining has quite down, so I'll see if it gets worse. I looked at the belt and there was no wear. I was thinking it was from the TB sitting on the stealership lot for awhile. The TB only has 13,300 on it so we'll see, I'm glad I got the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. I use to hate SUV's till I moved to Colorado Springs and I tried to drive my Mazda in the Snow, made me rethink my ways:) Bye bye Mazda. Plus it's alot nicer to be climbing the dirt roads over by Pikes Peak alot nicer. Those dirt roads ate up the the Mazda:laugh: I thought that poor car was going to rattle loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts