Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 TrailBlazer LT and when I shut my car off and turn on the hazards (4 way flashers), my left turn signal fuse located under the rear seats blows. I haven’t thought anything of it and kept replacing the fuse as this only happened 3-4 times. But would like to know if anyone else has had a similar issue and know any fixes?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,638 Posts
So are you saying that the fuse only blows when the hazards are turned on or even when left turn is on? And you also indicate that this doesn't happen all the time.
Two possibilities, a wire is abraded and insulation has worn away exposing wire that is shorting to metal, but a more likely thing is located in the tail light assembly. Sometime corrosion builds up on the circuit board causing strange things to happen.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
I agree with EnvoyBoy2004. I've had multiple issues with my front drivers side turn signal bulb plug pins coming loose. Sometimes it would be fine and other times, likely depending on hitting bumps gosling things around, it would not work. I ended up buying a new bulb socket and soldering it in with some extra wire. I think it was caused from changing the bulb with very little wire slack and the twisting motion needed too remove from the housing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.