Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post here, I will be installing a new amp this weekend. I have an 08 TB with the BOSE system. My question is, do I have to install the LOC (line output converter) from the rear amp like in the sticky? Or can I install it behind the stock stereo? Ive never had to install a system and have to deal with a factory amp so I am kinda lost. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
This adapter looks pretty simple. Plug it in behind the radio and run the RCA's and amp turn-on wire to your amp. (you'll still have to run power from the battery to the amp and ground it)

If you do tap into the factory amp and it's for a sub amp, tap into the front door speakers - that's where the lows are. Mines an '05 but I think it's the same amp. If you want the wiring for it, PM me your email.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
I would get the adpater "chevtrlblzr" gave you the link to. The output of the BOSE amp cuts real low freq to save the speakers.. BY going with the adpater you bypass the Bose amp and have full range outputs. for Highs and Lows.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok. Thats funny cause up until now everyone I have talked to says to splice in with the two back speakers, and now your saying to do the front? Im going to be doing it within a day or so and would love to know "for sure" which ones I should do. Why again do you say the fronts are better? I also am trying to decide where to mount the amp. I dont want to put it in the cubby in the back. I was gonna mount it to the speaker box but was told I should put it on the back of the back seat. Any suggestions on where the best location for it would be? I appreciate the help and suggestions guys... thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
:hijacked just kind of - same subject:)
Tapping into the rear speakers is probably fine for the non amplified factory system.
The reason I say the front, if you have the six speaker bose premium the front door speakers are the main woofers of the system. They are 8" and the rear doors 5&1/4". I am 98% sure the rear doors don't receive as low of frequencies as the front doors.

Do this; play a song that has a lot of bass (deep bass i.e. Metallica) and crank it up a little. Now use the fader and go from front to back and front again. The front has more ka-thump don't it!

I also think it's the bose amplifier that distributes the high's to the dash, lows to the front doors, and mids to the rear doors - not the radio. If you'd use the aforementioned adapter, front or rear would probably be OK because that's before the amp and is probably full signal.

As far as where to put the amp. Where ever you like it! Mines on the rear seat back. But I've seen them numerous places. Get your speaker box and put it where you want it (loose for now). Then take your amp back there and see where you like it - then start runnin' wires!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow yeah that makes a lot of sense. I already have a converter to use but its not the one that you mentioned. I was going to splice it in where you did in your pics of your installation (which was awesome and very helpful by the way). This may be a stupid question but where you spliced your wires in...... was that on the wires coming in from the player or going out of the factory amp to the speakers? Just wondering because you said its better the splice them in before the factory amp to get the best sound. Thanks again. Hopefully this will be my last question on THIS subject.lol

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
was that on the wires coming in from the player or going out of the factory amp to the speakers? Just wondering because you said its better the splice them in before the factory amp to get the best sound.
That shows the wires coming out of the factory amp. If you tap into the wires back there, that's what you use. Then if your amp accepts speaker level inputs you can run them to the amp. If it doesn't, you use a line out converter (LOC) which adapts them to RCA's for your amp.
I never heard of anybody trying to tap into the low level inputs going into the factory amp - not saying there isn't a way

The other way.
I never used that peripheral adapter, but it looks pretty slick. Just plug it in to the back of the radio and it gives you 2 sets of RCA's to run back to your amp. And doing it that way, you're getting the signal before the bose amp.
Like I said though - I never actually used one.
After I did that write up, while it was a large improvement from stock, I replaced the radio and some other stuff (for a larger improvement:D).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts