Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and I am making my very first post! I have a 2008 GMC Envoy with the 4.2L I6 engine. I recently began noticing my temperature gauge intemittently not working. Some days it would display the correct temperature and then some days nothing. Then last week I got a check engine light. Ran the code and it was a P0128 code. So last week I went to replace the thermostat and ECT sensor, well I found that thermostat no problem, but my ECT sensor was not right above the thermostat like all of my literature including my Haynes manual stated it should be for 2002-2009 Envoys/Trailblazers. Anyway by this time the light had went away so I didn't continue with the repair. Well my lovely friend the CEL came back on this morning so it looks as if I will at least be replacing the thermostat this weekend. Can anyone tell me where the ECT is located on a 2008 Envoy? Is it different than other years?
This forum is fantastic and I greatly appreciate any help you can provide
Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starting in 2006, the ECT was located on the passenger side of the engine way in the back. Attached is a figure showing the location (item 3)
Oh joy! Thanks for the info, I looked and looked and couldn't find it and now I know why. The geniuses at GM hid it! This just made changing it a bit more interesting.

:mad:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
How did you get to the sensor to replace it? I can see it, but can't get a socket or wrench to it due to a/c and coolant hoses being in the way. I've taken off the air intake, passenger tire, and loosened up the exhaust manifold cover to try and get to it but still can't get it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts