Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is a odd one for ya'll
Replaced timing chain and components as it had lots of slack and causing po 340 and other codes.
After replacing the chain, I figured while in there might as well change cam and cranked and vvt as we all know these are correlated to each other. So after all said and done, start it up and won't fire. Unplug cam sensor and fires up, plug in sensor and motor dies out instantly. So being stumped , I check wiring and all good there. Signal is there and computer recognize signal but once plugged in it dies right out. So now I am stumped. Have new oem cam sensor on order but if not a bad sensor then I am at a loss. Any suggestions?.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here I am to assist...

Yes, there is a CASE relearn procedure for the 2008 TrailBlazer with the 4.2L engine. It must be performed whenever the crankshaft position sensor is removed, reinstalled, replaced, etc. ( BTW CASE stands for Crankshaft Angle Sensor Error.)

Here is a link on how to perform the relearn procedure:

Hope this helps and does the trick!

Good Luck!
When owm part comes in I'll try this procedure ty. Now if it won't start with new cam sensor plugged in I am back to square one. Guess gotta wait till new oem sensor comes in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here I am to assist...

Yes, there is a CASE relearn procedure for the 2008 TrailBlazer with the 4.2L engine. It must be performed whenever the crankshaft position sensor is removed, reinstalled, replaced, etc. ( BTW CASE stands for Crankshaft Angle Sensor Error.)

Here is a link on how to perform the relearn procedure:

Hope this helps and does the trick!

Good Luck!
Does this apply to my camshaft position sensor also?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So after much testing ,I have determined that it is the ecu not recognizing the sensors and going into convulsions. Lol.
So next question is what is the right way to order one. I'm thinking I need the 12602010. Never needed to order one before.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So just got new ecm in and unhooked battery ,waited 30 min , plugged in new ecm programmed to my Vin, hooked up battery and plugged in camshaft sensor. Still no start. Unplug it and fires right up
This is about to go to the junkyard

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I thought the exact same thing, I have 2 brand new oem sensors, and both due it along with the original oem sensor. Hence my stumpness and frustration. I can understand one bad sensor but 3?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Battery was dead as a door nail, needed new one. Anyone have a diagram for cam sensor wiring to ecm? Pulled loom apart have no breaks to ecm. Ran pantyhose over wires, no breaks visually. Looking for ideas.passkey procedure was a no go. Still starts with cam sensor unplugged, and not when plugged in

1 - 12 of 12 Posts