Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago I had my 07 Trailblazer LT (190k miles) in the shop to get some work done. Had my intake manifold gasket, front control arms and rear wheel bearings and seals replaced. After the repairs, i got an alignment done. My front was way off but my rear was fine.
Since then I've been hearing some weird noises coming from the rear end of my TB. It seems to be running fine. The ride isn't perfectly smooth but at 190K im thinking its time for some suspension repairs. I plan to buy AD Delco suspension kit from RockAuto soon.
I took a recording of the sound while i drove around my neighborhood. It's easily noticeable even with the wind sound. Does anyone have a clue what these sounds could be coming from?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
510 Posts
Does it make the noise when you gently apply the brakes? How about if you just engage the parking brake?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise does not change when using the brakes. I have not tried engaging the parking brake when moving.
The sound does seem to dampen when turning left but stays the same, if not louder, when turning right.

·
Registered
510 Posts
OK, so we know the rear disc brakes are not slightly dragging. Try just engaging the parking brake ever so slightly to see if the noise stays or goes.

Rear wheel bearings are the old type and nothing like the front wheel bearing hub assemblies. I've always heard that if a rear wheel bearing goes bad it makes sort of a romping sound. Your sound sounds more like a brake pad/shoe just barely coming in contact with the rotor/drum.

Have you pulled the rear rotors off to make sure nothing is dragging/loose for the parking brake?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tired engaging the parking brake but the noise did not seem to change. I'm hoping to get it up on a lift this weekend and will check out the brakes / parking brakes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts