Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've been having some problems recently and need some assistance in diagnosing. We've had the check engine light on as well as the intermittent traction control and service Stabilitrak lights. I recently stopped by Auto Zone to have the check engine light codes read. We found 5 codes:

P0506 - IAC, Throttle Body, Idle Speed
C0455 - Steering Wheel Position Sensor
C0244 - Torque Circuit
C0131 - Brakes
U1000 - Module Communication

After doing some lite reading on the forums, I discovered that replacing the Steering Wheel Position Sensor could potentially solve several problems. So, replaced. I cleaned out the throttle body and MAF while I was at it in effort to clear the P0506. Test drove the car and everything seemed to be good, however the traction control and the service Stabilitrak lights came on almost immediately.

My wife drove the car the next day and during her second trip the check engine light came back on. So, I've got the TB today and made another trip to auto zone for the codes to be read. P0506 is the only code left in the system and as far as I know that has 0 to do with the traction control and Stabilitrak systems.

So, now I'm all confused and not sure where to begin any further diagnosis. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
I realize this is super late, but I'm posting for anyone else who might have this issue.

I just cleared a P0506 and P1400 yesterday on my '07 Envoy. I did the following:

Replace air filter
Clean TB
Check tightness of air intake manifold bolts (I had one that'd loosened up)

I think the loose bolt was at least partially to blame (possibly causing vacuum loss). I don't recall the video, but I found a video on youtube where a guy fixed the same problem, and the bolts wound up doing the job.

Fair warning: the bolts can be a pisser to get at. You'll need to remove the BCM to access them, and even then, they're a bugger to get a socket onto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts