Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 trailblazer and i just put new power sterring hoses on it and now where they connect into the rack it pisses out all of the fluid can some one help me out tryin my first diy any help is welcome

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,325 Posts
I've of people having similar problems because they either did not remove the old O-rings or did not seat the new O-rings properly. Check you work carefully.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've of people having similar problems because they either did not remove the old O-rings or did not seat the new O-rings properly. Check you work carefully.
Should I install the new cup seal that came with the new hose or check the o rings again also thank you very much your are truly a blessing

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
210 Posts
When you removed the old hoses, did cup seals come out (should have been on the ends of the piping), or did you remove o-rings from inside the manifold where the hoses go into? Also, did you purchase the hoses that use o-rings, or hoses that use cup seals. There are two different designs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you removed the old hoses, did cup seals come out (should have been on the ends of the piping), or did you remove o-rings from inside the manifold where the hoses go into? Also, did you purchase the hoses that use o-rings, or hoses that use cup seals. There are two different designs.
Nothing came out but I can see one cup seal in one side but not in the other side where the hose connect to the rack

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well, if I were in your shoes, I would remove the cup seal that stayed in the rack, and then put new cup seals on your power steering lines and reconnect them to the steering rack. That should take care of the leak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if I were in your shoes, I would remove the cup seal that stayed in the rack, and then put new cup seals on your power steering lines and reconnect them to the steering rack. That should take care of the leak.
Should I put new cup seals in both ports for the rack or just the one closest to the passenger side of the trailblazer

·
Registered
210 Posts
First, remove the seal that was left behind and throw it away. Second, use a new cup seal on both lines. Note: Verify that the lines you purchased are the ones that use cup seals as there are 2 kinds of hoses; one type uses cup seals, and the other uses o-rings as the ends are different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts