Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance.

About about 2 months ago, started having an issue where the fuel gauge would show empty (even when tank was 3/4 full). gauge only shows full right after I completely fill up.

2 weeks ago, 2007 TB LS started throwing code P0442 sporadically. The first time, my wife thinks she didn't tighten the gas cap completely (tightening caused the SES light to go off). But, it's popped up again, and I've made sure the cap was turned past 4 clicks. (the ring on the cap does not look "that bad")

a few questions:
1- I've read where the fuel gauge issue is the probably the fuel sensor? Could the SES code be related to this? Or, is the code being thrown due to cap or something w/ the neck?
2 - for replacing the fuel sensor, does anyone know if GM will partly cover cost? I've read where some have been discounted half off?

3 - any concerns about the fuel pump going out? Do these TB's have a track record of pumps going out along with the sensor?

·
Registered
2007 saab 9_7x
75 Posts
You're in luck. GM recently sent out a letter saying they will cover all cost of repairing the fuel level sensor. Just give your local GM dealer a call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts