Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am frustrated - who knows what I have on rear suspension when I see coil springs, a long black shock, and have supposedly air in rear as I see air compressor ??
Rear end height is fine but ride is rough and crappy !
HELP ? RPO code shows a G67 ; does this mean rear air ? If so, why so rough
and still height is ok ?
What shocks should I buy ?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
113 Posts
If you see coil springs air ride was taken out. Probably due to leaking I swiped out my air ride for Moog springs and KYB shocks ride is smooth, soft and better then factory it sits about 1 inch higher which is fine for heavy loads. If ride is hard you might have a gas shock which rides very stiff. I would change shocks first see how ride is and if not satisfied change the springs. Not a big cost Springs were 67.00 delivered easy to put in. shocks were 64.00. again easy to change. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Envoy Denali rear shock swap.....

Hey Jewel ,
Big thankx out to ya, I need help and think since there are definitely coil springs form previous owner, but no rear suspension error codes even though my air pump in rear right of cabin , and RPO code shows G67; that this MUST have been manufactured with air suspension ....So maybe the rear shocks added on are now worn/less responsive.
Are KYB gas-a just shocks comfortable, or are only air shock designs most more cushy ?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jewel- which KYB shocks did you get ?

Im about to take your advice and order some shocks from KYB- not sure if I should go gas-a-just KG4162...or the OE replacment KYB model - 343395..?

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
113 Posts
If you want a OEM ride go with reg KYB. Gas adjust will give you a harder ride Im sure. If your worried about height it sits about 1 inch higher then with the air ride.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
10 Posts
Ride height $.02 worth

If the issues with air bags and compressor are to much of a headache, then stay away from them for sure, but I LOVE being able to hook up a trailer (boat or other) with a heavy load and letting the rig adjust the height to the normal ride height automatically. Headlights stay aimed right, the rig doesn't look like it is overloaded...I just like the air suspension!!!

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
43 Posts
I am about to make the switch in the next week or when the parts arrive! lol.

I will post some pics and let you know how it goes.

I had a couple of questions and hope someone reads them on the other link.

Basically if you did it.. did you use any insulators between spring and body mounts?

Thanks all.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts