1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Two questions:
  1. Just replaced both front rotors and pads. Both rotors have a threaded hole, which I assume should have an accompanying bolt to attach it to the hub. Having difficulty finding new bolts to purchase, as the old rotors did not have the bolts either. I assume having the rotors float around is not ideal.
  2. Installed heavy duty brake rotors (Raybestos) and pads (Bendix) because I tow a pop-up camper with the vehicle. The vehicle definitely stops better, but now the ABS activates at any deviation in the road surface (under braking). A little unnerving, as I'm hoping it is just a calibration issue and not an indicator of ABS failure. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
360 Posts
Those holes are for threading a bolt into to help push the rotor off the hub, if needed. Not for attaching the rotor to the hub.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Yes, I realized how dumb of a question that was after I submitted my initial post.

Anybody have any input on the ABS issue? It is annoying. No dash light, just engages under light braking (normal stops), usually when I'm down to about 5 - 10 mph.

·
Administrator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
474 Posts
Thank you. Yes, I realized how dumb of a question that was after I submitted my initial post.

Anybody have any input on the ABS issue? It is annoying. No dash light, just engages under light braking (normal stops), usually when I'm down to about 5 - 10 mph.
The ABS issue sounds for all the world like one of the sensors has come out of place , slightly .
Rust is usually the main cause , between the sensor and hub .
Pull the sensors , clean the rust away , reinstall them .
Just one video on the subject :

1 - 7 of 7 Posts