Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_denali
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the weird brake peddle vibration/studder -as is abs is activating at low speed stops; the shop said
they can't access or clean the abs sensors unless wheel bearings are removed,
so maybe remove and replace with the wheelbearing unit with the built in abs sensor ?

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
275 Posts
Maybe different , I have an 04 Envoy , but , I had to remove the brake caliper and rotor to access the ABS sensor .
Mine just needed cleaning the rust and I removed a shim so the sensor was closer to the 'wheel' .
Haven't had an issue since .

·
Registered
562 Posts
at: GraphiteDenali,
You posted thje following........
" (ibid) the shop said they can't access or clean the abs sensors unless wheel bearings are removed,.........."

Did they tell you HOW they were gonna remove the wheel bearings?

<subscribed>

·
Registered
1 Posts
how many miles? have you replaced the front bearings yet? if not, get a wheel bearing hub assembly. i have an 05 denali which had the same symptoms you are describing, so just last night replaced the bearing assembly which included an new abs sensor and the issues are fixed. you could probably clean the sensor and it might work 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
299 Posts
There was a dealer TSB bulletin that recommends removing the sensor and cleaning off the rust buildup underneath. Evidently the rust buildup lifts the sensor enough to interfere with its proper operation.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,383 Posts
Agree 100%, did that on mine as well. Only other way to verify speed sensor is with an O'scope or a DVM to read the actual voltage level generated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts