Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I made a rookie mistake, was tired, almost done and was not thinking and now have a problem. I just completely rebuilt my 04 trailblazer onto an 06 frame and chasis. Engine, transmission, suspension, doors, rear hatch, hood, seats, carpet and radio (it's my daily driver for my family of 5 and the 04 I bought about 6 months ago frame was disintegrating . Yes I had to switched the fuel rail, intake manifold and relocate the heat temp sensor. Anyway, I was switching my seats and carpet over and I had unbolted the fuse box to removed the carpet and on reinstall I was bolting it back in and shorted the box (touch the pos lead while bolting it to the floor, (yes idiot move, I know) anyway, My fwd sevice light stays on (fuse keep popping, fwd seams to to still function normally.) No sound from any Audio speaker (may just be head unit fuse not sure) my headlight switch wont turn off the headlights unless I turn it to 'running light' (tried replacing the relay already) break light started coming on but only for maybe 1 min or two it seems after the start up. So back to the main issue.. fwd fuse under the seat, Pops everytime, sometimes right away and others it take a few minutes even just at idle while in 2wd. Everything else seems to be good as far as fuses (it did reset my radio but it has full function just no sound coming from it (maybe its busted idk) and yes everything worked just fine until I ermm screwed up lol.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
270 Posts
The 4WD fuse sends power two places, each on a brown wire. The Front Axle Disconnect Actuator and the Transfer Case Neutral indicator light (the dull red light all the way clockwise after the 4Lo position)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4WD fuse sends power two places, each on a brown wire. The Front Axle Disconnect Actuator and the Transfer Case Neutral indicator light (the dull red light all the way clockwise after the 4Lo position)
Soo theoretically if the the light was blown ok the switch it would cause a short or I guess a non completed circuit and blow the fuse? Did notice that light wasnt working but didnt know that fuse was protecting it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
An open (incomplete) circuit cannot blow a fuse.

At a guess,, with all the wire harness swapping and such you may have a pinched wire on one of those 2 brown wires from the 4wd fuse. Time for a multimeter.

Just to clarify,,,the indicator light I referred to is for hidden Transfer Case Neutral position on the 4wd mode switch. I would be surprised if 1 out of 50 owners even knows how to switch their transfer case to neutral!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the light you are talking about is if you hold the switch far right past 4low until the light comes on?

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
Yes.
But to switch the Transfer Case to neutral, some conditions must be met.
1. Set the automatic transmission shift lever to the Parking Mode.
2. Stop the engine, but leave the ignition on.
3. Tighten the parking brake.
And only after that switch the Transfer Case to neutral.

·
Registered
270 Posts
So back to the main issue.. fwd fuse under the seat, Pops everytime,
So the only reason the Neutral indicator light came into this discussion is that that indicator light and the front disconnect are the only 2 wires fed from the fuse you keep popping. Somewhere there is trouble with one of these two wires or the components they serve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts