Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer LT EXT
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i did a complete led change over on outside of TB. the next day today the TB thru these codes P0014, P0017 , p0300 , low idle 500 or below and finally a stall when i stopped.
did the led conversion screw something up? any recomendations would be great

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
874 Posts
The LED conversion should not effect the camshaft position circuit. However, I would go back over the work that you did and make sure that you did not accidentally unplug a connector or forget to reconnect a ground wire.

Reactions: sw904

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT
403 Posts
so i did a complete led change over on outside of TB. the next day today the TB thru these codes P0014, P0017 , p0300 , low idle 500 or below and finally a stall when i stopped.
did the led conversion screw something up? any recomendations would be great
P0300 is a misfire code. Is the engine running rough or just low idle?
I agree that converting to LED's should not be related to your current issues unless something not related was unplugged.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was just running a low idle .im so sorry the truck has over 200,000, miles i replaced the spark plugs 2 months ago didnt find this site till recently.replaced with ngk platinums has been running fine. had to replace the starter .and low idle came after that. had just read here that the throtle psisition sensor needed to relearn because i had un hooked battery, it just frickin blows no garage to work in and cold as hell and snow here im also gonna uplug the coils 1 at at time and clean the throtle body as well. any ne iowans have a garage i could use?

·
Registered
403 Posts
it was just running a low idle .im so sorry the truck has over 200,000, miles i replaced the spark plugs 2 months ago didnt find this site till recently.replaced with ngk platinums has been running fine. had to replace the starter .and low idle came after that. had just read here that the throtle psisition sensor needed to relearn because i had un hooked battery, it just frickin blows no garage to work in and cold as hell and snow here im also gonna uplug the coils 1 at at time and clean the throtle body as well. any ne iowans have a garage i could use?
Yeah, no garage in winter...I feel your pain except that all we get is rain here.

Be careful with throttle body.... follow the guidelines on here for unplugging fuses instead of battery disconnect. You will keep radio presets and HVAC system will be happier

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so replaced the #1 and #6 plugs my buddy told me he didnt does those .so now im getting code p0171, p0014 ,p0116 havnty cleaned the throtle body yet but that will be next

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so picking parts for vvt solinoid and cam postion sensor and removing throttle body and cleaning . and wondering is there a throttle body relearn process? or is that the idle relearn process?

·
Registered
403 Posts
so picking parts for vvt solinoid and cam postion sensor and removing throttle body and cleaning . and wondering is there a throttle body relearn process? or is that the idle relearn process?
You simply button everything up nice and clean and replace fuses or reconnect battery. Nothing more needed.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Ya know --- I do NOT see anything you did that required disconnecting the battery.
A starter? Mebee.
The ECM? Mebee.

I'm not feeling it here that there are any other work related needs to mess with KAMs and settings by jerking the battery cable(s) ... especially with the likelihood of HVAC-type mechanisms that die if they are in an '03-'06 (read: old) vehicle and then start hunting for HOME with full pin-to-pin sweeps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when i did the led conversion i didnt unhook the battery but when i had to replace the starter i did. i wasnt sure if it was a starter problem or a battery problem. i didnt have the right tools for the job so it took i good while longer to install the starter . frickin i ordered my parts thius morning from a local parts store, all parts in stock and still havent been sent an email bout commin and get them would have been way faster just to go down and get them right from the store

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Your work on your car shows the need to use a KAM Battery pack to keep those necessary circuits HOT and with a potential current to save settings and memories.

Some KAM-Pacs just plug into a power port on the dash - I use one that attaches to the B+ post that is under the cover of the underhood fuse panel. The negative side goes to any convenient piece of bare metal that is engine block or frame-related.

OK - here's a video of me using that KAM Battery Pac - not for anything that you can use - since this is a non-repair for a broken battery - but you'll get the idea of how I use my KAM.

This KAM (above) will keep you from having really huge amperage from your battery-slash-arc-welder to make really big sparks - and possibly drop a hot battery cable over an aluminum refrigeration line - instant disaster!

So -- yeah -- I get your point - but in the future really think it out if taking a battery cable off is really necessary.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You boys cleaned the throttle body. Pulled coils added dialectic grease. New air filter. New but solenoid. New cam.position sensor. Fuxed 1 broken vacume line. Buttoned it all up started it idlea goos sou ds good but fir the lifw if me its throwi g a code p0017 and thats the only code so far took it for a test drive my da sou ds line it missing .was thinking about resetting computer abd running seafoam in breakbooster hose and gas tank

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Quote from William Gaines: "It's dropxy wit h the. Crackers tu snip a rozxer ins-nide"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WELL HERE WE GO.changed the last 2 plugs. seriously gonna change to the ac delcos. so last 2 plugs and 1 coil pack later no codes and it sounds like its knocking at idle but at near perfect rpms. i dont get it **** was so much simpler when we had points rotor and cap imo if anything yall can think of please let me know and yes its 02:49 and just getting done. thank you all for helping it is very much appreciated. i just couldnt leave her out there with out getting her fixed, i love that truck but dam is she fickle and **** just break at the drop of a hat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok boys if any one is . listining so now after after all that i got a multitude of codes .p0171 . p0 and the P0017 . 300 . and a crank shafty camshaft correlation code. so ive done looked for vacume leaks. replaced maf and the intake preasure sensor. mand im about to change the o2 sensors but then i started thinking what if it jumped timing chain . any thoughts
?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
P0171 is indeed a vacuum problem - or is it?

Beware of this code 'cause it can throw you down a lot of expensive rabbit holes.-------------

Ding Dong School Class is now in session!
The teacher is IN the building

P0171 - CAN be a vacuum leak - but it can also be a contaminated MAF (K&N air filter anyone? --- Cold Air Pack anyone?) because the computer 'sees' the numbers coming in from the MAF and says: "There's not much air flowing into the engine ....."​

The MAF has a very fine couple of wires that are heated by low voltage and as the air flows over them, they are cooled and the resulting resistance in the wire will allow just so much voltage to get through to the ECM.
If those wires are covered by oil and the "clean-cycle*" has happened correctly - they had the oil burned off - but each time the oil vaporizes, it leaves some ash that coagulates into a film that finally coats the wire and it cannot read the airflow because that oil is now an insulating sheath over the wires. OK?​
* this CLEAN CYCLE happens every start-up when the wires go incandescent and will​
burn off (ostensibly so) any contamination. It works - kinda. It CAN be messed with though.​

► The lean-problem might also be caused by the O2 sensor .... 'cause it is 'seeing' unburned fuel and that means not enough oxygen in the cylinder(s) to support complete combustion. OK?
► The fact that the O2 sensor is also possibly sluggish or cannot get to a certain number of crossover counts will mess with the ECM and guess what --- it can create a false flag that makes the fuel injection system get turned on longer and earlier to get more fuel into a system that really doesn't need more fuel

I'm not even considering a fuel pump or filter problem here - but I'll keep my mind open to a bad pressure regulator - if your vehicle even has one ... many GMs don't use them any more.

The above is just my word-y way of telling you that there are a few possibilities in that single code. Having the code is just the start of your adventure.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TY SIR I DO APPRECIATE your input so as of now i have the air filter replaced, cam accuator , maf and map replaced. oh and cam posistion sensor newe ac delco 41-103 plugs gapped 1 new coil pack ,inspected for and found a vacume leak not sure exactly but near the bottom of the intake or could be the pcv hose .was to dam cold was like 4 deg all day .i do have the downstream o2 sensor because the voltage out put was being hinky .also picked up multimeter, compresion tester, fuel presure tester and vacume tester and also picked up the handy dandy 5610 RS2 innova pro scan tool frickin works wonders. but i just have this feeling it slipped a tooth in the timing chain and sprocket .since nothing else has worked. prolly should replace upstream o2 sensor but it seams to be working also bout only 5thing left is the crank sensor to replace. so just fyi im gonna pull the valve cover after all the other tests . i have a fuel trim bank 1 sensor 2 well it says stft b1 s2 and that dam think is reading 99.2% yes that 99.2% talk about lean

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so was finally do a vac test today. and of course it was 15 in hg. the dial says late ign timing in red . but that was takin right on the intake manifold so just asking does the intake just get loose or does it seem like a bad intake gasket? and am i right that the intake manifold is plastic? do those dam thing crack or break? thanx for any help

1 - 20 of 33 Posts