Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will win? I think he'll jump me for the first 60mph or so but then I'll slowly pull ahead passing around 85-90

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
708 Posts
Who do you think will win? I think he'll jump me for the first 60mph or so but then I'll slowly pull ahead passing around 85-90
You will or you should anyways. Here i have a vid for you to watch so you can decide mind you that the TB in the vid is a EXT. The nissian in that vid is a 3.5 V6 so i'm guessing you'd win. Line them up to find out for sure though just be safe when doing so.:thumbsup:
Video Error

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Prior to '07, the Altima used a standard transmission and you should have no trouble with a 2.5. The '07+ models use a CVT and even the 2.5 jumps off the line, the engine just runs up to 4-5,000 rpms and stays there until you let off the gas. My wife's '08 would most likely kill me off the line, but it runs out of steam a bit (2.5) as speeds increase, where my I6 with a tune/exhaust/intake just wants to run to redline.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to mention his car is stick
and we are both stock

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
if your a good driver then you have a chance of beating an 2.5 ultima. Ive beaten 2.5 several times with ease.

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ltz
72 Posts
push it 2 da limit

:woot:go for it man, the worst that can happen is you lose, remeber to brake stall the motor to 1800 rpms, then punch it, the truck should start moving when it reaches 3500 rpms, before that it will feel real lazy, but when it hits the magic spot its on ....be safe, remeber the safest place to race is the track but when on the street, its not how good u drive, its how bad others do...if from a roll, be sure u put the shifter in 3rd gear, it will help pull better, then when its at redline shift into overdrive, unless u know how to shift with the auto without hitting nuatral, if so start from first gear and shift at 6000 rpms, its a nice sweet spot to shift the motor and wont overrev.

disclosure: i take no responsibility for any mechanical failure, or driver error.

now go whip some a..........

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha thanks guys I'll update you when this race takes place (hopefully this weekend)
Money and pride on the line!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
well considering your truck is gonna shut off before his car(unless youve changed the speed limiter) he's got you all around,,off the line and top end...this is taking place at a track correct???

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ltz
72 Posts
u running 1/4 mile or a mile?

you should be alright if you run a quarter mile, your truck wont see over 100 mph, in the mile you will have more top end speed but have to watch for the system shut off.

good luck

·
Registered
2007 buick trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Nissan gives the Altima sedan a host of Infiniti-inspired design cues inside and out, but the execution misses the mark in a way that has a whiff of cost cutting. It bucks the mid-size-sedan trend of four-cylinder engines by offering a 3.5-liter V-6 in addition to the base 2.5-liter four.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts