Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my 06 this morning and it wouldn't turn over. All of the cluster warning lights turn on like normal....when i tried to turn it over the first time it started, all the lights stayed on, then it died. I tried a second time and got next to nothing out of it, and it made a rumbling noise before shutting off. The only light that stays on is the Check Engine light. I tried to jump it to see if I could get it started to get into the garage, but that didn't work either. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I looking at a new alternator or starter? I have a new battery, but did not install because I am not sure if that is the problem not to mention that it was about 18 degrees with the windchill and raining.

I should also mention that it has been extremely cold here (northern IL) and about two-three days in a row I experienced a rough/elongated start, but I thought it was because of the weather.

I appreciate any insight...I probably wont be able to do the work myself, but if I can get it started and move it to a garage so I can avoid the expense of having it towed

Thanks
AJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts