Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all hope I can get some help before I call a tow truck to get to the garage.
Have an 06 Envoy 4.2 I6 with 275,000 on it. Got no crank situation parked on the road. Battery is brand new with 12.4 volts going everywhere but the cab. Get dim dash lights when key is turned, no fuses have blown in engine compartment or under rear seat, get 12.4 volts to fuse box under seat and engine compartment. I have changed alternator, ignition switch 4 months ago, new ecm under hood that went through relearn procedure and security light went out on dash after 3rd try but still no crank. Tried 3 different throttle bodies cause keep getting code P1516 from my scanner but also read that P1516 could also be open ground circuit. Checked all ground wires and they seem tight, would a fuse not blow if there was a bare hot wire touching metal?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, it is a good work truck when it moves.
Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,459 Posts
Get dim dash lights when key is turned
Turned to what? Acc, run, start position?

If it won't crank you could try this. Turn the key from off to run, then turn the key to crank. After turning the key to crank let it come back to the run position and leave it there. Now jump the starter with a screwdriver across the two terminals at the starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turned to what? Acc, run, start position?

If it won't crank you could try this. Turn the key from off to run, then turn the key to crank. After turning the key to crank let it come back to the run position and leave it there. Now jump the starter with a screwdriver across the two terminals at the starter.
yep that dont work, just cranks, key is in run position, I will change ignition switch again to see if that works

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,459 Posts
yep that dont work, just cranks, key is in run position, I will change ignition switch again to see if that works
Well even if it did crank, if the key was not turned to start first then it isn't going to run. Only if the key is first turned to start will the security system allow it to start and keep running.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts