Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 06 Envoy Denali to the dealer today because I could smell antifreeze and i could see dry residue on the lower radiator hose. It's slowly losing coolant. The deal charged me $50 to tell me the waterpump was leaking. The car has 33K miles and went off warranty in November. I asked that they would cover it under warranty but they said "No". Questions:

1) Any advice on getting this covered like calling the zone manager? Anyone one have a phone number for the Dallas areas?

2) They want to charge $800 to replace it. I'm pretty good with a wrench.
a) Is there someplace online I can see a repair manual? I'd rather not buy one.
b) Recommendations on where to buy the parts?
c) Sounds like there's a tool I should get to take off the fan clutch?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
607 Posts
I took my 06 Envoy Denali to the dealer today because I could smell antifreeze and i could see dry residue on the lower radiator hose. It's slowly losing coolant. The deal charged me $50 to tell me the waterpump was leaking. The car has 33K miles and went off warranty in November. I asked that they would cover it under warranty but they said "No". Questions:

1) Any advice on getting this covered like calling the zone manager? Anyone one have a phone number for the Dallas areas?

2) They want to charge $800 to replace it. I'm pretty good with a wrench.
a) Is there someplace online I can see a repair manual? I'd rather not buy one.
b) Recommendations on where to buy the parts?
c) Sounds like there's a tool I should get to take off the fan clutch?
What kind of warranty? If it was GM Certified, the water pump is covered under the 5/100 powertrain warranty.

Yes, you do have to take the fan clutch off, and yes there is a tool you should have. Most auto parts stores that "loan" tools will have it, but it was useless on my previous TB. Other than that, not a hard replacement.

GM is not big into covering anything at this point. Given they sold off some of their classics on Barrett Jackson to raise money, you are probably SOL!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Alldatadiy.com offers a subscription to on line service manuals. As far as I can tell, these are better than most consumer 'Chiltons' style manuals, but not quite as good as a factory service manual. Many public libraries also have access to Alldata to the public for free. They must be pretty good, because they sell their manuals to independent professionals.

This might be a good time to establish a working relationship with an independent garage. Since this doesn't sound like a fast leak, take your truck in for an oil change and see what you think of them. They might even notice the issue and recommend you have it fixed there.

I've never had any luck with any GM dealer's service department - and I've been to three different dealers for service. When I've had a problem a dealer could not solve, all I got was dumb looks from service writers and the GM help line told me to go talk to the dealer. Arrrgh! :weird:

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and please let us know how it turns out!

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts
whats the warranty on chevy drivetrain?,,i just checked on my isuzu ascender,waterpump covered to 75,000. you would think chevy would goodwill the repair because of your mileage.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
I would also keep an eye on the reservoir bottle... if youre really leaking-- then everynight that the engine cools-- it sucks in fluid from the reservoir.
Eventually it will suck it all in -- and then it sucks in air....
Dexcool and air dont mix.. it will form brown sludge that clogs parts...
so if I were you- Id buy a bottle of 50/50 dexcool and have that reservoir bottle always at the cold line...
just to make sure sludge doesnt form...
youre going to need about 2 of those bottles anyways if you fix your own pump.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
607 Posts
whats the warranty on chevy drivetrain?,,i just checked on my isuzu ascender,waterpump covered to 75,000. you would think chevy would goodwill the repair because of your mileage.
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Goodwill...Chevy

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Sorry, just expressing an opinion. Not laughing at you.

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
403 Posts

Goodwill...Chevy

Sorry, just expressing an opinion. Not laughing at you.
ya i dont know what i was thinking lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts