Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have an 05 Trailblazer which has a window issue. It comes and goes, however when it comes it closes my front windows automatically, while I'm driving or in park. It really annoys me when I want the windows open and all of the sudden I hear a click and the windows go up a little bit at a time. If I put them down, seconds later they start twitching upwards again. I find myself fighting the switch with my finger constantly now. If I unplug all the wires, on the drivers door under the switches, the passenger window doesn't have any issues.
Any Idea what this could be? has anyone here had similar issues with their windows?
I see many posts regarding windows going down on their own but nothing on them going up. :(

·
Registered
857 Posts
AFAIK... the windows are centrally controlled by their module in the driver's door. They still get power after the ignition is turned off until a door is opened ... I don't believe there is a time limit on that. At least, I've never seen them being timed out on my 05TB.
Has the driver's module been treated to a Dr Pepper or coffee?

AFAIK, it doesn't consume beverages of any kind, not happily that is.​
How about rain through an open window?​

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,494 Posts
This sounds very much like what Ravalli is saying. The window control panel is prone to water intrusion, matter of fact, a recall was put out for certain year models to have the panel modified with a plastic shield under the buttons. Check with a dealer to see if you qualify for the recall. Otherwise go to a salvage yard and pick up a window control.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sounds very much like what Ravalli is saying. The window control panel is prone to water intrusion, matter of fact, a recall was put out for certain year models to have the panel modified with a plastic shield under the buttons. Check with a dealer to see if you qualify for the recall. Otherwise go to a salvage yard and pick up a window control.
Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking 👍. Can't find one up here in Ontario. May have to order one from the USA. Hopefully they can ship it up here. Amazon wants close to 600 for it, I can just imagine what the dealer wants for it.

Seems very hard to find.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
NP.....

·
Super Moderator
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
348 Posts
Have you considered taking your current switch apart and refurbishing it ? It's really not that much of a job .
And , it's winter up there , right ? Lots of time to mess around and scr... I mean make things better . ;)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,494 Posts
Check E-bay for Trailblazer Drivers Door Control Switch, looks like there a few listed. Make sure it is for your functions.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
628 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts