Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to this very informative site! anyway would like to see if any of you can help with my TB issue! My wife was driving today and she claimed that it started idling funny and then when came to a stop it idled up then died. Well I test drove it and everything was fine with a/c off. I stopped turned a/c on and took off and stopped to try to see if it would repeat the problem, it did. It only died the one time. I drove it for about 25-30 min longer and had no more issues but I know its waiting, waiting for my wife to get it in it can attack again! anyway any help with this issue would be very helpful. I have found post around the web saying that it could be either, (mass air sensor, throttle position sensor or Idle control sensor? Also to Cleaning the throttle body would fix the problem. I did fix the a/c about 2 years ago, don't remember the name of the part but I know it was under the glove box and fairly easy to get to. But It dose not have the same symptoms that it did when I changed that part.

so please help! middle of summer in Louisiana and my WIFE'S A/C is broken hahaha thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,298 Posts
Sounds like what you did a few years ago was a blower motor resistor pack. Wouldn't
affect what you're describing now.

First and cheapest thing to rule out is a dirty throttle body. How many miles on the
truck, and have you ever cleaned it before? Some members clean theirs every 30K
miles or so.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=91

It may not be your problem, but it really is the cheapest thing to rule out. $5 and 30
minutes of your time. If it fixes it, you're done. Makes it a good place to start.

Good Luck!

Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys I am new to this very informative site! anyway would like to see if any of you can help with my TB issue! My wife was driving today and she claimed that it started idling funny and then when came to a stop it idled up then died. Well I test drove it and everything was fine with a/c off. I stopped turned a/c on and took off and stopped to try to see if it would repeat the problem, it did. It only died the one time. I drove it for about 25-30 min longer and had no more issues but I know its waiting, waiting for my wife to get it in it can attack again! anyway any help with this issue would be very helpful. I have found post around the web saying that it could be either, (mass air sensor, throttle position sensor or Idle control sensor? Also to Cleaning the throttle body would fix the problem. I did fix the a/c about 2 years ago, don't remember the name of the part but I know it was under the glove box and fairly easy to get to. But It dose not have the same symptoms that it did when I changed that part.

so please help! middle of summer in Louisiana and my WIFE'S A/C is broken hahaha thanks in advance guys!
:iagree:

Clean the throttle body and while you are in the process doing that.
Have the battery discounected for 30 mins
Once you have the throttle body (cleaned) back together reconect the battery and start it up and then drive around for about 5 miles and you will be all set.......

I am Also a Tech hopefully it helps

Had to do the same on mine.....

Good luck

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
better, maybe?

Removed the throttle body, cleaned it put it back on also used some additive in the fuel tank the good stuff little white bottle lol all i ever use. anyway been driving it for about 45min now and seems to be running alot better. I don't:);) drive it everyday but from what I can tell its running better. drove it with A/C on turning it off and on a few times when i stop just to test it it out in different conditions and seems to be good. Guess tomorrow will tell the tale!

thanks guys! ;)

oh the suv has right at 66k on it... And I have cleaned it before but its probably been 15k miles ago now. Guess I should make that a more normal thing!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Removed the throttle body, cleaned it put it back on also used some additive in the fuel tank the good stuff little white bottle lol all i ever use. anyway been driving it for about 45min now and seems to be running alot better. I don't:);) drive it everyday but from what I can tell its running better. drove it with A/C on turning it off and on a few times when i stop just to test it it out in different conditions and seems to be good. Guess tomorrow will tell the tale!

thanks guys! ;)

oh the suv has right at 66k on it... And I have cleaned it before but its probably been 15k miles ago now. Guess I should make that a more normal thing!

Your welcome If you have anymore issue just let use know and we will try to help the best we can

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
first time here. it seems i have the same issue with my 04 TB. going to try the throttle body cleaning this morning. great tip, hope this works, the wife is getting a little testy with temps in the 90's the last few weeks. glennnnn:thx

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
used some additive in the fuel tank the good stuff little white bottle lol all i ever use.
Glad the TB is running again. As for the "additive" you put in the tank, the BEST does not come in a "little white bottle"......:no:

THIS is the best: :yes:

The BEST, IMO, does not come in a bottle............... just use "Top Tier" certified gas and you can save the cost of the additive in a "bottle". :raspberry

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The BEST, IMO, does not come in a bottle............... just use "Top Tier" certified gas and you can save the cost of the additive in a "bottle". :raspberry
Yes, that would help if, in fact, all the gas was different. The fact is that all the gas in your particular area all comes from the same storage tanks. The ONLY difference is what additive each company adds to the truck while filling it.

That said, I only use Sunoco, Hess, or Texaco and I STILL add the Chevron w/ Techron....cheap insurance from having to drop the tank & replace the pump, IMO (which I have NEVER had to do in 187K miles from new).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
first time here. it seems i have the same issue with my 04 TB. going to try the throttle body cleaning this morning. great tip, hope this works, the wife is getting a little testy with temps in the 90's the last few weeks. glennnnn:thx
I feel your pain man! I live in Baton Rouge,La and the temps here are outrageous! And I work in the gulf of Mexico as an Explosive Operator. And the temps out their just aren't funny. We took the temp of the last platform we were on, temp on the top deck (grating) was169 degrees. Just stupid hot.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
133 Posts
i just thought i would bump this up because i have this problem too. mine doesnt die a lot but it has died a couple times. the rpms drop significantly sometimes when its idling and the car almost stalls and during this the a/c is blowing hotter air than my heater!:suicide: i have already cleaned my throttle body and that hasnt seemed to fix it. i think maybe the fan clutch is next?

sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
....i have already cleaned my throttle body and that hasnt seemed to fix it....
And you DID remember to disconnect the battery for at least 35-40 minutes while removing the throttle body & cleaning both sides, right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts