Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 trailblazer EXT LT has the I6 engine and I noticed a squeak coming from the engine compartment after the engine seems to warm up. While checking the pulleys and alternator I identified a squeak when I rotated the alternator pulley with the belt off. Then as I was looking I noticed oil at the front area of the drivers side firewall which appeared to have been sprayed on the fire wall. I have looked at everything that I can see and cannot identify where this oil is coming from. No obvious oil on the engine itself. Checked the engine oil level and it was approximately 2 quarts low. The vehicle had not been driven but about 1000 miles since its last oil change. Thinking it could be the crank pulley but again no oil in that area and no sign of a leak when engine is running. I did notice that the cooling fan was wobbly when I rotated it manually but don't see any oil in that area and don't think any oil would leak from that area. Don't want to take to dealer because I fear they will give me the worst case scenario. Any Ideas greatly appreciated. Currently afraid to drive it in fear of doing engine damage.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Oil on the firewall could be head or valve cover gaskets maybe power steering lines down to the rack or break lines. Loss of oil could be a rear or front main seal I’m in the process of doing them now.
i found the rear main when I pulled the inspection plugs out of the bell housing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts