Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 trailblazer with 160k miles. guy said it had been sitting for 2+ years. ive already replaced the PS pump, PS lines (real PITA), upper and lower ball joints, sway bar links, i went to replace the inner and outer tie rod ends but on the drivers side when i took the boot off a nice looking crapload of sludge came pouring out. So i have a new rack arriving next week. When i took the drivers side CV axle out to get to the bolt for the rack, there were some real nice big metal chunks sitting there in the front diff. My question is can i replace the bearing and seals on the differential? if so how is that achieved? or if i need to go through and replace the diff which id rather not do. ive been reading and watching videos and im still not getting what i need to know. please help.. i bought this thing as a winter truck. it is also a learning tool. Have a 2015 high country that id like to keep miles off of. Also im willing to take a persuader to the trailblazer in order to learn what not to do on my high country. thank you for any help. i can get any pictures that will help. I dont know why the one picture i posted is sideways but it is what it is.

·
Registered
870 Posts
You got pictures of the big metal chunks?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts