Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once the front end goes up a couple of inches, it'll look meaner.... I hope.

I'm only changing the strut-spring rate to raise it - not gonna use the spacers that play Hell on the CV joints. The parts are ready to install along with the new Rancho Struts so I imagine I'll get the height increase I want.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Show us the photo as you make ?
I'll show the preparation, the experiments and failures and the final results.

I want to have 4WD and still some 2 inches of static lift to the front end. Yet I don't want the total drop to too much extension and breaking CVs. I'm pretty sure the way I'm going after it will be a good result with no breaking and bending things that aren't supposed - or can't actually - bend.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got the rear end up 2 1/2" and I'll refinish the SoCal scorched paint on the trim pieces. Other than that - I think the rear is good enough to sit on while I'm eating lunch out fishing some where.

I've got a full-sized spare tire under the vehicle so I need that extra height too.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a set of the longer Rancho shocks and added the spacer above the spring in the pocket. I have another set of springs and shocks that came with the vehicle.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boy ---> I've flipped a lot of things in my life - but the status of my UCAs sounds to be something only spoken of between a man and his attorney.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts