Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, here it goes.
Recently bought an 05 trailblazer ltz, 150k miles. At first i thought it was just a rough converter (trans component slipping code), did a lucas treatment, kinda worked for 50 miles without stuttering in rpms while in 2nd and 3rd. Then one day backing out of the driveway (wheel cut to the far left) and it stalls out. I turn her back on and set off only to find that when it goes into 3rd i can hit maybe 50mph, overdrive wont kick on and and it randomly goes from 2k to full redline in .2 seconds while in 3rd. My question is do i need new solenoids and a new converter. from reading post there seems to be alot of different ideas, but i cant find any with this exact issue.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
627 Posts
First post, here it goes.
Recently bought an 05 trailblazer ltz, 150k miles. At first i thought it was just a rough converter (trans component slipping code), did a lucas treatment, kinda worked for 50 miles without stuttering in rpms while in 2nd and 3rd. Then one day backing out of the driveway (wheel cut to the far left) and it stalls out. I turn her back on and set off only to find that when it goes into 3rd i can hit maybe 50mph, overdrive wont kick on and and it randomly goes from 2k to full redline in .2 seconds while in 3rd. My question is do i need new solenoids and a new converter. from reading post there seems to be alot of different ideas, but i cant find any with this exact issue.
No sir you need to rebuild your transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.