Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

1st post glad I found this forum, Looks like a lot of good info
thanks

my issue is with the rear hatch lock, it seams like the electronic lock

works, I can hear it, but it will not latch, when I shutthe hatch it just bounces and will not engage, luckily I finally got it to lock, And will not open it again, looks like the lever does not stay in the lock position, when I hit the lock on my remote,like something broke inside, probably plastic,

it looks like I have to take the panel off and see what happened, anyone

know what maybe broke in the lock itself, and can I buy a part at an auto store, or is this something I may have to get at the dealer..

hopefully I can just get the part, and not the whole machanisim.

I did a search and did not find much here,, I will post back, when I figure this out, maybe help someone else with the same issue..

k thanks for any help Rick

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the back panel off, If any of you have to address this problem, here are some tips, there is a plastic pin located under the latch where the glass opens, pop that out, I started on the bottom right and poped the panel out,
it has metal clips, also make sure you pull it out far enough, there are some long plastic post also, after you work your way around slide the panel downward, then inside where the latch mechanisim, you have to pop
3 pins out that control the latch, you will see them they are held in with orange push clips, then I un hooked two electrical plugs, then to remove the whole lock system there are 3 torque screws on the outside of the door.
once I got this whole thing out, it is mostly one piece, looks like you cannot just buy a part of it... anyway I was working it back and forth, after I plugged
the electrical connections back in, seamed to be working ok,, don't aks me why.. so I cleaned it up a little sprayed some parts cleaner around it, and then some WD40 put it all back together, except the panel, I am not convinced it will stay working, was not a tough job at all.. so hope this helps
someone else that may run into this,, sorry bout the spelling..
hopefully I can contribute to this site some more, and all of you can help me out also Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts