Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 gmc envoy and the back of the clamp that hooks to the alternator broke off ever since i replaced it i have been having issues with it in limp mode scanner told me to replace the throttle and accelerator pedal well ihave done that then took it and had it calibrated it worked for awhile then it goea back into limp mode with the same codes i replaced the ecu with a new one ....and its telling me the same thing to replace throttle and accerlator pedal ....was wondering if anyone has had this issue and if so how did you fix the problem

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,415 Posts
First of all, stop replacing parts just because some readout says so. To diagnose a problem, you need to delve more into the function called out. In this case, the throttle body and accelerator pedal assembly share a 5VDC reference voltage. This reference voltage is also used by the fan clutch. There have been some reported problems with a bad fan clutch causing a problem with this reference voltage. But there have been more times when the issue was a shorting wire in the wire harness going to the fan clutch, usually a wire abrading on a metal bracket. Check this wire harness before spending more money.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
360 Posts
The codes that you read DO NOT indicate that the part or parts are defective. The codes indicate that there is a problem with a particular circuit/system. The part involved is likely one of many components that make up the circuit/system, and the cause of the code needs to be determined by diagnosis what is wrong.

Is the component getting 12 VDC like it is supposed to? Is it getting the 5 VDC reference voltage? Is there a bad ground connection? Is it getting the proper signal from the ECM? If you do not correct the cause of the code, the circuit/system is not going to function properly and hence it will throw another code.

Not diagnosing can wind up costing you a lot of $$$.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok the scanner tool also gave me the 5 v references circuit code i have not checked the fan clutch or any wires around that but i will definitely check those wires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts