Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT with Bose 6CD Changer.
The cd changer has all of a sudden stopped working, stereo still works (FM and AM) but when I go on CD/AUX button it says no CDs in dash, however all 6 slots are full and when I press eject it does not eject anything.
Has anyone encountered this issue? Is the Changer toast and will it cost a lot to fix (worth it or not?)
Thanks a head of time

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
37 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT with Bose 6CD Changer.
The cd changer has all of a sudden stopped working, stereo still works (FM and AM) but when I go on CD/AUX button it says no CDs in dash, however all 6 slots are full and when I press eject it does not eject anything.
Has anyone encountered this issue? Is the Changer toast and will it cost a lot to fix (worth it or not?)
Thanks a head of time
Im not sure if the changer would have a seperate fuse or not but check the fuse panels and make sure it isnt a blown fuse, if all the fuses are ok then start checking your wiring. Im not 100% sure how they are hooked up but i think thats the most basic way to start, if it is the changer itself I would look around at a scrap yard or look for a compatable aftermarket changer. I would hate to see what the dealership wants for a new one :hopeless

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have already checked the fuses, and nope not the fuse...did not think of checking the wiring...I have to take the whole middle section including gear shift off it seems to ge to the back of the stereo and wirings...do you know where I can find a manuale on how to take the middle console out?

THX

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There's a lot of good information here. Check out all the sections to see what they're about, there's even a section at the top with some how to's.
Most of all, befriend the search button.

If you search the forum for - radio removal - your question will be answered.

If you look and search around and still need help, ask away.
:)

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
105 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts