Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 Buick Rainier 5.3 AWD and have an issue with my rear brakes. Whenever I make tight turns it feels like my rear brakes and sticking and making resistance for the rear wheels. As soon I straighten the front wheels it stops doing it. It happens whenever I try to pull into a parking spot. Any ideas? I am sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,234 Posts
Your problem is actually at the front end, the AWD is stuck on. Likely cause is the encoder motor on the transfer case. When the front drive is fully engaged on dry pavement, the front wheel will bind and give you the feeling you're getting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rear brakes

it's the rear brakes binding. I had someone look while I was doing and my front wheels were free and rear brakes were grabbing like I was touching the brake pedal. I had it hooked to a tech 2 and each time I do it it says 2wd but if I go in loose gravel and break traction the tech 2 says 4wd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
solved the problem

I fixed the "crow hop" at my rear tire during tight low speed turns. It was a rear brake sensor. replaced it and tried to duplicate the issue and it doesn't do it anymore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts