Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my wife an 05 Trailblazer. We are very happy with the ride and interior comfort. I wasn't looking for the big V8 but its there.

Since I bought it in the winter months I didn't check the A/C very well. (yea, my wife reminds of this a lot). Recently I was looking under the hood and noticed the A/C belt was loose. This is because the tensioner was bad. This was about the time to start using the a/c and it wouldn't kick in. I replaced the tensioner but the clutch still won't kick in. The fuse is good and so is the relay. With it under power I feel the relay click when I pull it out and put back in. I did a voltage check and there is 12 volts at the relay.

I've been following the post on this subject looking for other troubleshooting. Is there another way to "jump" the clutch? I remember on my old Venture that I had to jump it in order to put freon in when it was too low. How can I check the magnetic clutch itself? The pump turns freely by hand.

I hate to think of having to replace the compressor. Is there a way to repair/replace just the clutch? I'm looking for ideas to solve this crisis and get the wife cooled back down.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
9 Posts
It may just be low on Freon. There is a pressure switch in the system that won't allow the compressor to run if the charge is low. That would be my guess. Try adding some Freon to the system. I just had to do this on a friends truck. That one took 2 cans of Freon to take care of. You shouldn't have to jump the clutch to get Freon in the system. Once the pressure is high enough the clutch should kick in. If it is short cycling add more Freon until it operates properly. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.