Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Envoy XL had been idle for several months. As luck would have it, I had to replace the battery (had frozen) and starter. Not a big deal; just an expense I didn't expect (a nice plus was that my keyless remote entry started working again). But, I discovered that after starting up all of the dashboard cluster gauges remained in their resting / un-powered positions and the blue LED info display at the center-bottom of the cluster that shows mileage and transmission shifter position was completely dark. After driving a few miles - it all started working again like it had never happened. I assumed it was a fluke and shrugged it off.

Yesterday, I started the truck and once again the dash 'power out" problem showed up again - but this time it did not come back on. All lights (interior, dashboard and exterior) work. The LED display on the factory radio works and station memory presets were retained; but the time shown on it was 12:00. I know had set it after I completed the battery and starter work.

I checked all fuses with a voltmeter and found all to be good. Any ideas as to what / where to check next would be very much appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts