Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those are emissions codes. They shouldn't effect the transmission.

My SAIS is totally disabled, and I never noticed any issues when my thermostat was stuck open.

Is the jerking repeating? Let's say the car is doing 55mph. Does the rpm gauge jump up and down? Even a little? Mine did this and I had a bad TCC valve in the valvebody

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd bet it's your TCC valve. Or a worn valve bore to be more specific. There is a replacement valve that should fix the problem.

It's a 20 dollar valve that replaces the troublesome pwm valve with a on/off TCC valve.

You need to drop the pan to do this. Fluid and filter change is recommended. Rock Auto sells a cheap kit with AcDelco trans filter and a new pan gasket.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you a favor and watch this video from my YouTube channel.

Get on an open stretch of land, go exactly 50 mph, wait for the converter to lock up, and see if your issues match that of the video.

Make sure the open stretch of freeway is flat and don't use cruise control. You want to be in lockup at 50 and avoid acceleration or deceleration. Whether it's from the brake/gas or the slope of the road.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's just a valve swap purely mechanical. It is kind of annoying to do it with the valve body on.

The retaining clip needs to come off from the wrong side of that makes sense. Since it's upside down. It's needs to be bent/ manipulated etc.

Once that's done you're home free!

Also I punched a hole in my drain pan and replaced with a cheap dorman painted pan that featured a drain plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts