Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have been fighting this code C0055 for a little while. This past weekend I replaced the transfer case speed sensor (Dorman 917-618) in the diagram linked labeled #3. But after replacement the code returned. Any suggestions?

imgur.com/a/mOKRey3

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
72 Posts
Could be an open or short in the speed sensor circuit or erratic signal.
The strength of the signal can be affected by resistance in the sensor,
resistance in the wiring and connectors, metallic debris on the end of the sensor, and the air gap between the sensor and tone ring.
Are you getting the generated signal from the VSS ?
If not then is it possible the tone ring is damaged or is the air gap is to far to generate it ? Worst case > Transfer case wear issue...
Also check the wiring/ weatherpak plugs to and from for corrosion to the EBCM and from / to the PCM ?
Worst case > Could be a bad EBCM.

*Note*

A good wheel speed sensor will generally produce an alternating current (AC) voltage reading of 50 to 700 MV when the wheel is spun by hand at about one revolution per second. Refer to the shop manual for the sensor's exact voltage specifications.

The location of the EBCM was a bad location designed by the GM engineers. :bonk:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,390 Posts
There are 3 speed sensors on the transfer case, front and rear propeller shaft sensors and vehicle speed sensor. Maybe it is possible you are having issues with the rear propeller sensor (#2 in diagram), since the fault code is for the rear wheel sensor.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think the rear prop shaft speed sensor gives a code C300. Don't know what a C0055 is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the infos. I have double checked the connections but lack the tools to diagnose the PCM signal on the VSS.

The speedometer reads accurately, and I’m not getting an ABS or Brake indicator light. This leads me to believe that the the normal behaviors of the DTC aren’t showing yet I’m still receiving the code when I read using an ELM scan tool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts