Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2004 trailblazer LS transmission won't engage the gears. shifter will move from Park no problems there with the shifter cable. Park and neutral seem to be the only gears that work.... now the problem is I was driving down the road doing about 40 mph, when all of a sudden the transmission slips out of gear and does not reengage no matter what I did... had to have it towed. some people have told me it's the torque converter other people have told me that it's the linkage... while other people have told me that the transmission is shot entirely, I don't have the fundage right now to do anything that major, engine cranks and starts just fine, it's got just under 180k miles, I have replaced the fan clutch, the thermostat, the alternator, the starter, and a new battery when all this occurred. has this happened to anyone else anyone have any success in isolating the problem she could use a hand...ps... aside from a simple transmission fluid and filter change, is there anything else that could be causing my transmission to slip and stay out of gear and not re-engage?

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,051 Posts
Let me get this straight ... you did this to fix the transmission?

" have replaced the fan clutch, the thermostat, the alternator, the starter, and a new battery when all this occurred."
Whatever possessed you to change all that stuff just to fix the transmission?

Unless the fluid level is too low, changing the fluid is by now too late because it won't fix the transmission either.

Servicing the unit is for maintenance, not repairs.

Lots of things can go into neutral in the transmission or the transfer case.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
177 Posts
With so little info, the first thing I'd take a "let's see if" glance at would be the nylon connector at the end of the linkage. Even with my fat butt, I can crawl under while it's on the ground to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts